CAREERS Wanted: Director of Business Development
Position: Director of Business Development
Company: Podolsky Circle CORFAC International
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Podolsky Circle CORFAC International (PCCI) is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Business Development to promote the company’s main lines of business with particular focus on property management, construction management and general contracting for office, industrial and retail real estate. This person will gain broad exposure to all aspects of commercial real estate including leasing, investment sales, due diligence/underwriting, debt and equity placement, property management and construction. The position will work closely with the Principals of the company and the marketing department to establish messaging and communication protocols to best promote and encourage new business lead generation. The candidate will be responsible for establishing, tracking and maintaining relationships through a variety of methods including industry-focused databases, LinkedIn, and attending industry events. The position will have a strong emphasis on research, organization, writing skills, creativity and self-motivation. The candidate will work independently and in collaboration with others on a variety of projects. The position affords the ability to build and maintain a strategic business development model backed by an established and well-respected industry leader.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a deep understanding of Podolsky’s service offerings, value propositions and benefits
- Ability to make cold call and prospect C-level executives
- Perform research using company supplied tools (e.g. CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, etc.)
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends
- Achieve targets through development and adherence to business development plan
- Participate in developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations and other collateral material
- Maintain up-to-date CRM
- Represent Podolsky at networking events
- Build strong industry relationships and contacts to promote Podolsky’s well-established reputation in the marketplace
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships within the company
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior sales or business development experience
- Self-motivated, hard-working, resourceful and passionate
- Great time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel (on as-needed basis)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and LinkedIn
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
Podolsky Circle is an entrepreneurial commercial real estate firm with nearly fifty years of experience in the industry. Specializing in asset and property management; brokerage; and development of office, industrial and investment real estate, we are dedicated to our clients’ success and pride ourselves on the long-term relationships we’ve established. We provide all of our services in a professional and conscientious manner to deliver entrepreneurial service and institutional results.
In addition, our firm is part of CORFAC International – Corporate Facility Advisors – an alliance of entrepreneurial commercial real estate firms that partner to deliver quality and experienced service locally, nationally and internationally. Member firms of CORFAC are selected based on their professional integrity, industry leadership and high standards of quality, client service, market knowledge and performance.
Podolsky Circle has achieved impressive growth in both our revenues and our client base. We have successfully transitioned from a local “niche” commercial real estate firm to our present position as a leading regional firm with national and international expertise. Our success relies in large part on the recruitment of new talent at all levels to service our valued clients. We employ professionals from a variety of fields that develop creative solutions to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
Podolsky Circle is an Equal Opportunity Employer