CAREERS Wanted: Investment Analyst
Position: Investment Analyst
Company: Podolsky|Circle CORFAC International
Location: Riverwoods, IL
Podolsky|Circle CORFAC International (‘PCCI’) is seeking to hire a full-time Investment Analyst to primarily assist the Investment Advisory Services team in our firm’s investment activities. The analyst will gain broad exposure to all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including investment sales, due diligence/underwriting, and debt and equity placement. The position will have a strong emphasis on analytics, financial modeling, and market research. Preparation of investment sale packages, investment memorandum and other collateral will include writing narrative, creating graphics and gathering data. The candidate will work independently and in collaboration with others on a variety of projects. The position affords a path of rapid growth in an expanding, well-capitalized company with direct access to clients, investors, lenders and firm Principals.
In addition, the Investment Analyst will assist on property and portfolio-level analysis and due diligence for acquisitions by CP Highlands Fund, LP, an affiliate of PCCI.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation and distribution of investment sale packages for prospective investors
- Extensive written and verbal communication with clients, prospects and Principals
- Support the Investment Advisory Team in deal tracking, investor follow up and property tours
- Create and edit Argus files for analysis and input into proprietary Excel valuation models
- Support overall execution of acquisition and disposition transactions with tasks related to analysis, research, due diligence and documentation
- Support investment officers in analyzing real estate investments for potential acquisitions, including a heavy emphasis on financial modeling
- Evaluating and reading lease language and understanding impact to real estate value
- Work on special projects as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- ARGUS valuation and financial analysis experience is necessary
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel
- Strong writing skills for preparation of marketing and investment presentation materials
- Highly proficient in Word and PowerPoint, Publisher a plus
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic output
- Intermediate understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
Podolsky|Circle is an entrepreneurial commercial real estate firm with over forty years of experience in the industry. Specializing in asset and property management; brokerage; and development of office, industrial and investment real estate, we are dedicated to our clients’ success and pride ourselves on the long-term relationships we’ve established. We provide all of our services in a professional and conscientious manner to deliver entrepreneurial service and institutional results.
In addition, our firm is part of CORFAC International – Corporate Facility Advisors – an alliance of entrepreneurial commercial real estate firms that partner to deliver quality and experienced service locally, nationally and internationally. Member firms of CORFAC are selected based on their professional integrity, industry leadership and high standards of quality, client service, market knowledge and performance.
Podolsky|Circle has achieved impressive growth in both our revenues and our client base. We have successfully transitioned from a local “niche” commercial real estate firm to our present position as a leading regional firm with national and international expertise. Our success relies in large part on the recruitment of new talent at all levels to service our valued clients. We employ professionals from a variety of fields that develop creative solutions to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.